Approval for Use
- Use of FBC facilities will be approved by the senior pastor as the schedule allows and in accordance with this policy. In the case of potentially difficult decisions, the elders are jointly responsible as the final decision-makers on whether a person or group will be allowed to use the church facilities. Priority will be given to members and official ministries and sponsored activities of FBC.
Cleaning and Damages
- Anyone who uses the facilities is responsible to see that the area used has been cleaned, any moved furniture or equipment returned to its original placement, and the facility left in no worse a condition than they found it—or to make arrangements for this to be done.
- The person or group using FBC facilities will assume legal, material and financial responsibility for any damages incurred during use.
- All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
- The church generally does not charge a fee for the use of our facilities.
- However, a fee may be requested on an ad hoc basis at the discretion of the elders.
Bible Studies and Other Ministry Activities
- Bible Studies and other ministry activities conducted at the church will be limited to those official activities of FBC facilitated by a member and under the oversight of the elders.
- We encourage members to study Scripture together as often as possible, and to seek the counsel and advice of the elders when considering a topic or direction of study. However, studies and small groups are not to be conducted in the church building unless specifically approved by the elders and conducted under the oversight of the elders.
- We believe that the only biblical marriage is the formal union of a man and a woman in a lifelong, exclusive covenant. Any other sexual activity, identity, or expression outside of this definition of a biblical marriage, including those that are becoming more accepted in the culture and the courts, are contrary to God’s natural design and purpose. FBC facilities may only be used for weddings that are in accordance with this biblical standard.
- Weddings conducted at FBC will be restricted to those in which at least one member of the couple getting married is a member in good standing of FBC.
- Additionally, in accordance with the teachings of Scripture, FBC facilities may only be used for weddings by couples in which both the man and woman are believers.
- Only officiants approved by the FBC elders may officiate weddings at FBC.
Showers, Birthday/Graduation Parties, and Other Non-Ministry Events
- Non-ministry use of FBC facilities will not be prioritized over ministry use, but will be approved on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the senior pastor and elders, as the schedule allows.
- Events run by or for members of the church will be prioritized, followed by regular attenders, and finally non-attenders.
- The restrictions enumerated in the opening paragraphs of this policy apply to all activities conducted at the church facilities.
- Smoking in any indoor church facility is prohibited.
- No alcohol may be served at any function on FBC premises.
- Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
- Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited while using church facilities. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
- Food is prohibited in classrooms and worship space except for special events pre-approved by the governing board. Snacks for classes served by teachers are an approved exception.
- Beverages with tight-fitting lids are permissible in classrooms and worship space.
- A facility usage request form may be required.
 2 Cor. 6:14; 1 Thess. 5:22
 Gen. 2:18–25; Mal. 2:14–16; Matt. 19:4–6; Mark 10:6–9; Rom. 7:2–3; 1 Cor. 7:10–11, 39; Eph. 5:22-33
 Ex. 20:14; Lev. 18:1–30; Mark 10:6–9; Rom. 1:26–29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9–10; 1 Thess. 4:3–8; Heb. 13:4; Jude 7
 1 Cor. 7:39; 2 Cor. 6:14